A country boutique hotel surrounded by a Sicilian estate on the slopes of the Etna volcano
Monaci delle Terre Nere is a luxurious estate located on the slopes of the Etna Volcano. Its landscapes, typical of the Sicilian countryside, are a serene place, full of scents and colors, 25 hectares of an organic farm, terraced vineyards, and tree-lined avenues set between the volcano and the Mediterranean sea. Since 2018 he has been a member of the International Relais & Châteaux Association
Perfect for couples, for groups of friends but also for families looking for an unforgettable experience, the Tenuta is the ideal place to discover the wines of Etna, including the six products in Monaci, and taste the traditional cuisine inspired by the goodness of the products from our organic farm.
The Relais is characterized by large outdoor spaces to enjoy and to explore. It is possible to relax by the infinity pool, participate in a Sicilian cooking class or a tasting of wines, explore together with the chef or barman the path of herbs or the vegetable garden and enjoy the comfort of your own room: Monaci delle Terre Nere, with its timeless charm, surrounded by nature, is ideal
at any time of the year.
The Relais is open from April 1st to January 7th
Spoken languages: Italian, English, French,
German and Spanish (on request)
Rooms, suites, and villas consist of original features, such as beamed ceilings and lava stone walls, and combine traditional Sicilian architecture with contemporary design. An ancient press and frescoes leave traces of the past and blend in perfect harmony with the wonderful and eccentric paintings of the British-Brazilian artist Olivier Mourao, with the modern Italian furnishings of Flos, Lago, Gervasoni, B&B Italia, and with the private collection of objects antiques of the owner, unique pieces between recovery and art.
In 2020, the Estate will be enriched with 6 new suites with private swimming pools and the Orto dei Monaci, a multifunctional room for private events, meetings, and banquets, immersed in the suggestive and panoramic orange grove of the Estate.
• 4 villas, 15 suites, and 8 rooms
• Rooms, Suites, and Villas are distributed throughout the estate: some are located in the main building, others from 350m to 800m away, in renovated or recently built buildings.
• Private pools in the Villas and Deluxe Estate Suites
• Comfortable beds, fine linen, and cotton bedding
• Free WiFi
• Minibar with a selection of local specialties and Guido Coffa wines
• Air conditioning and independent heating
• Rooms, suites, and villas (except the Classic) have a fireplace
• Bio courtesy line
• Bathrobes and slippers
• Free mineral water with daily replacement
• Bose WiFi speakers
• multilingual reception and concierge
• Room tidying twice a day (evening turndown included)
• Extra laundry service
• Room service on request
• Wellness treatments and massages in the room *
• Private parking
• Outdoor swimming pool with bar and restaurant
• Convivium Bar
• Locanda Nerello restaurant with typical Sicilian seasonal dishes prepared with km0 organic products from our garden.
• 25 hectares of gardens, woods, and vineyards
• Herb Garden, The Monks’ Garden (private room),
• The Garden of Feasts outdoor area for private events
• Children’s playground (unsupervised)
60 km from Catania Fontanarossa airport
20 km from Giarre train station
14 km from the hospital of Acireale
7 km from the highway
3 km from the pharmacy
15 km from the shopping center
4 km from the center of Zafferana Etnea
Starting from € 190,00 per room, per night in low season
Starting from € 450,00 per room, per night in high season.
The cost of the room includes a rich Sicilian Bio breakfast.
• Third adult bed supplement € 95,00 p.p. per night
• Children 0-3 years free
• Children 4-12 years € 50,00 per night